I have been making some serious changes to my wardrobe because I have found myself missing my goth/punk roots. There is a shocking lack of black clothing in my wardrobe and, frankly, waaaaay too many colors with no rhyme or reason. And some of these colors or prints I just don't connect with, so why do I have them in the first place? I know what my ideal style would be, yet I continue to pick things because I think other people will like them. Like baby blue florals, or pastel pink patterns. There is nothing wrong with those prints or colors, but they aren't really "me". For this Love List, I'm showing you my dark side. These are photos or outfits that I keep in mind when I'm thrifting or sewing. I'm aiming for a 90's grunge-witch baby-vintage kind of style, if that helps.
|Link to Flickr|
And so I'm trying. No, of course I don't want to wear the same outfit every day, but I'm trying to make things look a little more like this and less like...well... what I look like. You guys don't see me every day, you only see when I think I look cute, so believe me when I say sometimes I leave the house looking kind of insane. Or lazy (Trees- God Shave the Queen). Or both, which is a fun and interesting combination.
Here is a list of things that I'm on the lookout for (or making) to put the edge back in my closet:
- Painted/textured skinny jeans because I'm artsy like that
- Black dresses with interesting details
- Black tops so I can wear some of my patterned skirts that I do have but never wear
- Cardigans in darker colors - some plain, some embellished
- Dresses with graphic embellishments like MCR lyrics, lightning bolts, silhouettes of certain detectives and bats.
I hope this Love List inspires you! I'll see you again soon!